UPCOMING CHRISTMAS EVENTS
Lansford Alive's Events Committee presents: Christmas In The Park
Saturday, November 28, 2015 | 5:00 P.M. - 7:00 P.M.
- Master of Ceremonies- Commissioner Bill O’Gurek
- Karen O’Toole, WMGH radio personality with a live remote Panther Valley Area’s 2015
- “Little Miss Snowflake” and her court Musical talents:
- Horse and wagon rides
- Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive by firetruck Lansford Fire Company- coffee, hot chocolate and water LA Events Committee-hot dogs Cookies and candy treats Everything is free for the children. Cost for adults $1.00 Donations are greatly appreciated. All donations will be used for the “Kennedy Park Revitalization.”
Operation Santa Claus
Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 4:00 P.M.
For children living in Lansford. Pre-registration is required and must be returned by Friday, November 27, 2015.
Parents/guardians must supply wrapped gift(s) to give to child by dropping off at the Lansford Fire House Monday, November 30, 2015 & Thursday, December 3, 2015 6:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M. only.
Fee is $10.00 per child but no more than $20.00 per family.
PLEASE FILL IN & RETURN WITH PAYMENT TO:
American Fire Co. #1
Attn: Operation Santa Claus
P.O. Box 6
Lansford, PA 18232
Payment shall be made to “American Fire Co. #1”
Questions Only Call 570-645-4045
Click here to download and print the Operation Santa Claus Registration Form
14th Annual Chrstmas House Decorating Contest
Thursday, December 17, 2015 beginning at 6:00 P.M.
Prizes Awarded To Best:
- Traditional Decorating
(Best Decoration Traditionally Associated With The Holiday Season)
- Lighting (The Spirit Of The Holiday Season With A Display Of Lights)
- Whimsical Display (Best Display Seen Through The Eyes Of A Child)
- Creativity (Best Use of Imagination, Non-Traditional)
- Holiday Neighbors
(2 Or More Homes Decorated In A Row) Theme.
Click here to download 14th Annual Chrstmas House Decorating Contes flyer
Lansford Alive is on Facebook.
Lansford Alive is on Facebook. Check us out at www.facebook.com/LansfordAlive and remember to like our page.
Lansford Community Garden
The Lansford Community Garden is open. Check out what has been going on.
WNEP - Community Garden Teaches Kids to give back
TamaquaArea.com - Volunteers Prep Lansford Community Garden for the Season
Lansford Alive presented the community garden with a donation toward the garden and with the help of a chamber grant, they purchased a water tank to water and maintain the plants and flowers in the garden.
East end flowerbed
A new flowerbed was recently completed at the east end entrance sign. This was made possible through a chamber grant and Lansford Alive. The entrance sign has deteriorated and we are now in the process of getting new signs made.